- ABOUT US
- CHILD RIGHTS
- OUR WORK
- CONTACT US
"There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children."
- How many of us believe that children are individual entities, and not extensions of their parents?
- How many of us believe that all children have a right to participate in decisions that concern them?
- How many of us realise that when children have to go to school with armed guards protecting them, it is a violation of their right to protection?
- How many of us believe that when a child is trafficked, there has been a violation of her/his basic rights to survival, development, protection and participation?
- Do we realise that children would not be on streets if for instance their right to housing or right to family or right to freedom from violence etc. were ensured?
Child Rights is the human right of every child to survival, development, protection and participation.
It is the right of every child to equal opportunity without discrimination, as enshrined in the Constitution of India and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989), ratified by India in 1992. The 20 yr Balance sheet of the CRC, an initiative by HAQ, TDH and other partner organisations will be released in November 2011. The General measures of implementation chapter carries comprehensive information on all national and international acts,conventions and guarantees that impact the Child in India.